#TeaTuesday Did you know our Iron Goddess of Mercy oolong tea is one of the most popular teas from China and goes through 5 major processing steps before it becomes the perfect brew:
1. Plucking – only the bud and two small leaves are plucked from the best tea plants.
2. Withering – picked leaves are spread out and left in heat to reduce water content and help remove grassy taste.
3. Rolling – to break down and shape the leaves which releases the juices and oils to add oxidation and give the tea it’s distinct flavour.
4. Oxidation – the leaves are left naturally to oxidize and turns brown the longer it’s left to rest.
5. Drying – stops fermentation by drying leaves in large oven or drying machine to establish tea’s final and consistent aroma.