So.... I'm used to eating meat potatoes and sometimes veggies for dinner. Lately I've noticed that my health and my weight is not what it used to be. I'm tired all the time... my clothes fit a little tighter, and overall I can't stand how I feel. So 4 days ago I decided to do something about it. Up until last night I haven't had sugar or carbs in 3 days... last night I caved and had 1 yes just 1 small crostini. However with that said, dieting doesn't have to suck. This dinner was incredibly delicious (thanks to my forever chef @ericjrock ) and it didn't break the bank. For everyone out there dieting or trying to eat healthy- my heart is with you, I know how hard it is, but I also know one day I'm going to wake up and not "crave" carbs and sugar. #TryingToGetFit#healthyeating#IStillWantBread#Sadness#justKidding#Pinaché#Shrimp#Veggies#LemonEverything#Goals#Life
Pesto Wild Rice with Roasted Garlic Parmesan Shrimp and Tomatoes My husband returned from a 4-day work trip and I wanted to treat him to a nice meal. A creamy oil-free pesto rice was the perfect bed for garlicky roasted shrimp and blistered tomatoes. A feast of beautiful colors too!
2 cups Wild Rice
5 cups Veggie Stock plus 1/3 cup
2 cups Basil Leaves
4 Garlic Cloves divided
1/4 cup Pine Nuts
3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese divided
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 cups Tomatoes (assorted variety)
1 lb Wild Caught Shrimp peeled & deveined
1 tbsp Dried Parsley
Salt & Pepper
1. Bring rice and 5 cups Veggie Stock to a boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 45 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
2. In a food processor, add Basil, 2 cloves of garlic, pine nuts, 1/2 cup Parmesan, salt, & pepper. Pulse a few times to rough chop. With the processor on, slowly pour 1/3 cup Veggie Stock through the lid hole. Keep machine on and process for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Pour in a ramekin and set aside.
3. When rice is done, turn off heat and let cool for 10 minutes. Pour the Pesto in and stir to combine; top with lid.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rest Tomatoes and shrimp on a large baking sheet. Top with 2 tbsp O.O., 2 garlic cloves minced, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt & pepper. Using your hands, stir to combine.
5. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through and tomatoes have started to blister.
6. Plate rice and top with shrimp and tomatoes.