From the archives // This image might be disturbing to you but the underlying message needs to be rightly conveyed, so the selection is more deliberate in nature.
And it's not just one country's situation. Baby girls are killed everywhere in the world; by their fathers, mothers, relatives; in the womb, right after the birth.
- They are not someone's son, but a burden in name of girl.
- They are not supposed to take care of old-age parents, but a liability in name of one's bride.
- They are not required to work outside of a household boundary, but an expensive affair in name of clothes, food, shelter and sanitation.
- They are not as strong as baby boys become over time.
I could go on and on and the reasoning don't stop. You, the society, the parents, the so-called false ideologists, need daughters to keep your family lines going. Men don't do childbirth shit, their bodies are not designed that way. Worse, they just cannot tolerate it at all if they dare to take the medical route. Few have done it, ask them how it feels.
Yes, we women are moody. We need proper care. We love being pampered. But we are strong enough even when compared with men. We are givers, not takers.
- Expect your daughters to be your old-age support.
- Raise them with the values of financial independence.
- Keep your honor drama evenly split between your girl and boy child, 50:50.
- Make them strong, emotionally and physically.
- And for God's sake, don't just treat them differently because they're not a son but a daughter. Grow and nurture a human; not son, not daughter but a good human being.
Little things, small changes but they all add up. Stop complaining. Start doing. Be the change.