Today I thought of old streets in Bolivia- the historical downtown streets in Sucre (above) actually look similar to some of the Spanish colonial buildings in downtown San Antonio. It's funny how memory works, how experiences you've had can come back to you like waking dreams. Details you thought you'd forgotten surface, jogged suddenly by something at once wholly new and subtly familiar; a connection forms. #tbt#bolivia#sanantonio#latinamerica#memory#architecture
Mexican art at the Museo de Arte Moderno (@museoartemodernomx). Free entrance to the general public on Sundays.
1. "La Manda" by Carlos Orozco Romero. 1942. Oil on canvas.
2. "El Desterrado (El Velorio)" by Juan Soriano. 1946. Oil on canvas.
3. "El Baño" by Julio Castellanos. 1928. Oil on masonite.
4. "Paloma y Zenaida" by Manuel Rodríguez Lozano. 1929. Oil on canvas.
5. "Día de Muertos (El Velorio)" by Diego Rivera. 1944. Oil on masonite.
6. "Personajes de Pastorela" by José Chávez Morado. 1959. Oil on canvas.