MISSION - UTA50 training: "Long Run - Race Conditions". Inaugural "GTR to KTR": Puffing Billy Great Train Race to Kallista Tea Rooms for Brunch.
- What better way to simulate race conditions than running a race. I could have gone and done Maroondah Dam Trail Race today, but instead went back to beat Puffing Billy to Lakeside Station at Emerald.
- Those keen observers may note that Puffing Billy Great Train Race "GTR" was a primary goal of mine last year. Suzie and I trained so hard to get from being non-runners to run the 13.5km run without walking.
- Well I am glad to say that not only did I beat the second train to Lakeside, I didn't even see it this year. I beat the first train to the Trestle Bridge in Selby and almost beat it to the first road crossing. I did my fastest mile to date and my fastest 5km. Despite having the worst sleep last night, I had a cracker of a run beating last years time by an estimated 10 minutes!
- And to top that off, I continued my run increasing the elevation gain substantially and moving from bitumen road, gravel and formed paths to road and slippery single trail. I wished I was able to swap my road shoes out for my Hokas at the end of GTR for the KTR leg.
- 2h 48m, 26.00kms, 674m elevation gain (GTR - about 241m elevation gain; the KTR leg brought it up to 674m!), pace 6:29/km, average heart rate 158bpm.
- Breakfast two hours prior: two corn thins with Vegemite on one and a poached egg, the other with sliced banana and a bit of maple syrup.
- Isagenix Power about an hour prior, VFuel Gel 30 mins prior, also took a Salt Stick Electrolyte Tablet about 30 mins beforehand.
- Due to the KTR leg, I wore my Salomon 2 Set Vest with 2x500ml flasks with water. Aim was to drink water on course and then carry the litre of water for my second leg. Topped them off at the end of GTR.
- Carried two VFuel Gels (all I had left) and two Winners Energy Bars. Consumed the VFuels through GTR and then the two energy bar thru KTR.
- Carried Salt Stick Electrolyte tablets as well as Salt Stick Chews. Consumed the tabs during the road race and crunched down a couple of chews during the KTR leg. Continued...
1 0 11
Surprise Mum this Mother's Day with a unique and nourishing gift in the May Delight Box! We're helping you to treat your special Mumma by throwing in a @fairandsquaresoapery handmade Daily Detox Soap with every new GIFT order... These natural soaps smell and feel absolutely heavenly and we're so excited to share them with you This deal is only valid until May 14th and while stocks last. Don't forget to include the note TREATMUM with your new gift order
Arabic: رِيَّاضَةٌ Brazilian Portuguese: manter-se em formaChinese: 健身Croatian: tjelovježbaCzech: cvičení tělesnéDanish: motionstræningDutch: fitnessEuropean Spanish: gimnasia de mantenimientoFinnish: kuntoiluFrench: remise en formeGerman: FitnessübungenGreek: άσκηση για διατήρηση της φυσικής κατάστασηςItalian: tenersi in formaJapanese: フィットネス運動Korean: 건강 체조Norwegian: mosjonPolish: kondycjaPortuguese: manter-se em formaRomanian: a se menține în formăRussian: поддержание физической формыSpanish: gimnasia de mantenimientoSwedish: motions-Thai: การออกกำลังกายอย่างสม่ำเสมอTurkish: sağlıklı yaşamUkrainian: бути у форміVietnamese: bài tập giữ sức khỏe
Source Collins dictionary
Take your workouts to new heights with our Hydroxyburn Lean5 protein! With no added sugar, gluten free and a 5 star health rating makes this the perfect health and wellness choice! Available online SOON! #fitsupps
The most magical day of our lives 29-4-17
THANK YOU SO MUCH to all of our beautiful family and friends who could make our special day one that we will remember forever! We grateful beyond words for all of the lovely messages, cards and gifts from each and everyone of you! What a PERFECT DAY! I can not wait to spend the week ahead relaxing with my new HUSBAND in Dayelsford! #mrandmrsthomson #wedding #LOVE
B O O S T Y O U R F O O D with our award winning Food Boosters! Perfectly blended with up to 7 nutritious ingredients, there's something for everyone! Spicy Immunity, chocolatey Energise, fruity Skin Food and earthy Easy Greens. Which one get's your vote?? #FoodJustGotReal