If you haven't guessed the hero ingredient of the week, look closer ****ITS THE BEET****
Large onion ….. 1 (Diced)
Garlic ….. 4 cloves (Crushed)
Ginger ….. 4-5 slices (Chopped)
Medium beetroot ….. 2
Vegetable stock ….. 3 cups
Coconut milk ….. ½ cup
Salt and pepper -
1. In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat.
2. Add onion, sauté onion for 5 minutes. Add garlic and ginger, cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add beets and soup stock, bring to a boil.
4. Turn heat to low and simmer until beets are fork tender, about 25 minutes
5. Transfer soup to a blender, blend til soup turns to a puree
6. Bring soup back to stove, add coconut milk, salt and pepper
7. Adding more stock as needed to your desired consistency
8. Garnish with spring onion, french beans and a few drops of coconut milk