All purpose flour - 550 grams
Oil - 110 milliliters
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin - 1/2 teaspoon
Carom seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Oil - for frying
Chaat masala - 1 teaspoon
1. In a mixing bowl, add 550 grams all purpose flour, 110 milliliters oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon carom seeds, water and knead it into a smooth soft dough.
2. Rest the dough for 15 - 20 minutes.
3. Take a medium sized ball from dough and flatten them with a rolling pin.
4. For cutting out cashews , take a small, clean cap from a bottle with almost 1 -1.5″ inch diameter.
5. Starting with the edge,start cutting crescent shapes from the rolled dough with the cap.
6. Heat sufficient oil in a heavy skillet. Deep fry these till they are brown and crispy. Drain it on an absorbent paper.
7. Transfer this into a bowl, add 1 teaspoon chaat masala and mix well.
8. Serve with tea.